School General Information
School begins at 8:00 a.m and the morning session finishes at 12:00 noon. A short break of 20 minutes is given from 10:20 am to 10:40 am.The Lunch break is from 12:00 noon till 12:55 (Friday 12:00 to 1:25pm)Afternoon school resumes at 12:55 p.m (Friday 1:25 pm) and closes at 3:00 p.m. (Friday 3:30 pm)
Year 10 to Year 13 pupils may have classes from 3:00 to 3:40 p.m (Friday 4:10 pm) depending upon the subject options.Most pupils take part in extra-curricular activities which take place during lunch hour or after school. All activities close by 4:00 p.m. except Bandari Swimming Club
Lateness and Absence
Lateness to school will be accepted with a valid reason only 3 times in a term. Repeated instances will result in disciplinary action taken even to the extent of sending the student back home.Absence from school must be accounted for in writing by a letter to the Form Tutor and by an entry in the appropriate section in the School Diary.
Registration and Admission
- Admission to the school is normally in September. However, for families moving into the area at other times during the year exceptions are usually made and the pupil is admitted into the most appropriate year group, based on age and previous educational achievements.
- In the Kindergarten Department, entry is restricted to September only except in the case of overseas pupils who may enter in January.
- For Registration for all classes, details of the Registration fee which must accompany the appropriate form, are given in the " Current Information" sheet enclosed with the Prospectus. The Registration fee is not refundable
Fees and Withdrawal
Details of fees are given in the " Current Information" sheet enclosed with the Prospectus. The fee for each term is payable to the school office no later than 3 weeks after commencement of the term. If a pupil enrolls after the term has started, fees may be charged on a pro-rata basis.
In the event of withdrawal from the school, a full term's notice must be given or a full term's fees paid in lieu of such notice.
The Headmaster may, at his discretion, require the removal of a boy or girl without a term's notice if he considers that circumstances warrant such action. In this event no claim shall arise for the remission of any portion of the fee payable for that term.
The SCHOOL RULES apply to all pupils of the school in order that they may all work and play in a happy, safe and clean environment.
- These rules are representative, rather than exhaustive.
- In all matters not covered by these rules, common sense and acceptable standards will prevail.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Headmaster will be final and binding on all concerned
FAILURE TO KEEP TO THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT
- There will be no violence in the school; this means: hitting, kicking, pushing or in any way deliberately trying to harm other pupils.
- Other pupils' belongings must never be taken without their permission.
- No one may leave the school grounds at any time without the permission of the Head of Department or the Headmaster. Anyone leaving the school on their own at the end of a teaching session must have handed in WRITTEN permission from their parents. This permission must be renewed on a termly basis.
- Pupils given permission to stay at school during lunch time must NOT leave the school grounds for any reason whatsoever.
- Chewing gum and sweets are NOT ALLOWED in the school. Food brought to eat at break time must be eaten sitting down and the wrappers placed in a bin afterwards.
- Bad language (including swearing) must never be used in the school. Any pupil caught using bad language will be suspended from the school.
- Any pupil found guilty of drug abuse will be expelled from the school.
- The school campus and buildings i.e. furniture, walls, ceilings and floors must not be written upon or defaced in any way.
- All pupils are expected to display good manners and be courteous to teachers and other pupils at all times.
- There must be no talking after the lesson bell rings, until a teacher tells you that you may. All pupils, except Years 12 and 13 should line up in an orderly manner outside the classroom, prior to the arrival of the teacher. There should be NO talking. Years 12 and 13 may enter the classroom and wait QUIETLY for the teacher. (This does not apply to the laboratories, where they should wait quietly outside for the teacher.)
- There should be no running in the school building or in the corridors. Pupils should walk on the left-hand-side of all stairs and corridors to avoid congestion.
- Break-time must be spent in the appropriate areas and not in classrooms, unless instructed to do so by a teacher.
- All pupils must maintain the school diary giving details of all homework set, which must be checked and initialled every week by one of their parents/guardians.
- Proper school uniform, without jewellery and/or make-up, must be worn at all times for school occasions. All clothes should have the pupil's name clearly marked on them.
- Lockers must only be visited before school, at break, at lunch-time or after school. There should be minimal noise and pupils should not use the locker area as a place to congregate. Students must not use the changing rooms as a place to congregate.
- Mobile phones, MP3 or CD players or other electronic equipment should not be brought to school. If they have to be brought to school, they should be deposited in the school for the duration of the school day (From the time the student enters the school until the time the student leaves the school).
- Students must not play on any of the fields if they are not supervised by a teacher.
Uniform is worn throughout the school and consists of clothing that is practical, lightweight and appropriate to the tropical climate. Pupils are also expected to buy T-shirts in House colours with the House logo.
The school canteen is open during morning break and at lunchtime, when pupils may buy food and drinks. We also encourage pupils to bring their own lunches and drinks from home. Most pupils stay in school for the lunch break as it is only forty-five minutes.